We just finished launching a new brand and campaign for one of our newest clients, Cullman Regional Medical Center. They are a great client and we had a great time concepting their new brand, pre-and-post-production for the television spots, and developing the website. We’re still in the midsts of the social campaign #CullmanHealthy, so you can follow along online, but feel free to check out the work on our portfolio.
I don’t know how often I’ll do this but I end up finding a lot of stuff around the web while working on projects late at night and I feel invasive email cool stuff to my colleagues every thirty minutes when they’re trying to Netflix or chill. So, hopefully, this will become something that is useful for the crew at Frederick Swanston and anyone else who is interested.
Using Sublime Text and Trello
I’ve only done some very preliminary digging, and this repository looks old, but I’m still curious how it to integrate Sublime Text with Trello. Drafts on iOS has really spoiled me to have a central location for text entry. I’ve done a little bit of research on using nvALT for this, but haven’t been able to find as much support as with Sublime Text
Focus Lab’s Work on InVision LABS Identity
*being a huge InVision fan doesn’t have much to do with this
$10 Engineer Prints Courtesy of Photojojo
Who doesn’t love Photojojo? And to make themselves even cooler, they have a $10 off code to get a 3×4 foot black & white print with Engineer Prints. I think it’s a great deal.
We’ve started to change things up at Frederick Swanston and there have been some things that a few people at FredSwan and client-side have had some questions about lately. Enough so that I thought it would be worth the effort to give a little insight into a few things we do, why we do them, and try to write up some reference guides on things that might be new to some people.
And the idea of Digital Primer was born.
On today’s episode of Digital Primer, I want to talk about Markdown.
Frederick Swanston supports the launch of new website for its strategic partner North Point Hospitality Group, a hotel development company
To be a good fit for this role you should have:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 3+ years working in Digital Marketing and Advertising creating direct digital media plans, buys, and optimization that drive customer engagement campaigns for leading brands
- Strong understanding of and experience with SEO, SEM and PPC campaign management and execution, experience with a buying/exchange platform, and knowledge of key words and how to set those up; if you have less experience in any of these areas you’ll at least need a willingness to learn
- Fluency with data and analytics strategies and execution – comfort with Google Analytics, A/B Testing, etc.
- Experience setting and achieving KPIs and performance reporting
- Experience developing online campaigns that extend across social, web, mobile, online advertising, search, apps, loyalty, etc.
- Passion for the latest digital industry and digital customer trends, and the desire to share knowledge within the agency and with our clients
- Even if you don’t consider yourself a true “creative,” you have the ability to brainstorm with others and think like a “digital Jedi”
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Google AdWords Certification is preferred
Travel considerations: Our offices are located in the city of Alpharetta, a northern suburb of Atlanta considered to be one of the best cities to live and work in the area. It’s located in North Fulton County and is accessible off of highway 400. If you’re from around here, you already know that the geography makes commuting a true consideration. We are far enough north of Atlanta that, depending on where you live and on traffic conditions, it could be a 20 minute commute from up north, or an hour and a half to get through Atlanta from the far south side.
Reporting to the Media Director, you’ll join our growing Media Department in this new role that has been created to help create comprehensive digital media strategies for our clients, covering all aspects of their digital presence including paid, earned, owned and shared touch points. Your clients may range from branding awareness, acquisition, and retention of customers. While we’re looking for someone with digital buying and/or planning experience, we’re also open to helping you grow, so if you have some experience and a lot of ability and interest to learn, then you might be a good fit.
This is a hybrid role, covering both planning and buying. You’ll be taking campaigns from start to finish, partnering with your Director to help with the overall strategy as well as completing the hands-on execution of purchases. You’ll need a good understanding of the steps in the process, from keywords and display, to social media buying, through final ad placement. Campaigns may include SEM, pay-per-click (PPC), display / banner ads, and ads on social networks.
While no two days will be exactly the same, most of your time will be spent working on your own on plans and buys around digital media. For the rest of your time you’ll help on more traditional media projects. This may include working on insertion orders, flow charts, research, and meeting reps. And as you grow into the role, you find yourself working directly with clients more and more, so you also need to be comfortable presenting to and meeting with clients directly.
Things move fast here, and the ideal candidate will be an expert multi-tasker who can manage expectations and deliver high-quality work while juggling several different projects simultaneously. Some of your specific tasks will be to:
- Identify client digital media goals and develop key performance indicators to create measurable goals
- Use your knowledge of tools such as web and social analytics, online brand studies, social listening, and syndicated research (e.g., comScore, Simmons) to provide insight
- Lead the digital media plans and buys (such as search, display, social, sponsored content and influencer outreach) and be able to execute on it
- Create ROI forecast models to support the cost for digital marketing campaigns
- Analyze data, determine insights and develop recommendations to optimize the experience/ messaging
- Develop KPIs and determine ROI for strategies and associated tactics
- Maintain open and consistent dialogue with clients and internal team on account status, digital media goals, next steps, etc.
- Look for opportunities to maintain and grow client relationships
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Keys to Success:
To be a great Digital Media Manager, you’ll need a passion for all things digital media. You’ll wake up every morning thinking about better ways to meet client needs, and with a desire to learn and grow in your role and beyond.
This is a high energy, “pull you up by your bootstraps” kind of place. We’re not big enough for wallflowers or “under the radar” fliers. We need someone who is comfortable with their success, and failures, getting noticed. However, we’re also here to help you grow, and if you’re going to excel here you need to know how to be truly collaborative, to reach out for help and guidance in areas where you need it while also being available to provide suggestions and guidance as our digital guru.
Culture fit will also be another key. While the right fit for our team knows their own strengths, they are also humble enough to know that there’s always room to be better. Divas won’t be a good fit here. We’re looking for someone who works hard and plays hard, has a sense of humor, brings a flexible, creative approach to problem solving, and wants to grow into being the go-to for all things digital.
To apply, visit our Careers page.
Attackers have taken over thousands of websites running WordPress and are using them to infect unsuspecting visitors with potent malware exploits, according to security firm Sucuri.
The exploit began 15 days ago, but there have been a spike of compromised sites in the past two days, from about 1,000 per day on Tuesday to close to 6,000 on Thursday. The hijacked sites are being used to redirect visitors to a server hosting attack code made available through the Nuclear exploit kit, which is sold on the black market. The server tries a variety of different exploits depending on the operating system and available apps used by the visitor.
Read the entire post over at Sucuri, and reach out to us if you need help!
We love brands here at Frederick Swanston. So it would be an understatement to say that we’re seriously excited to be able to pour through a classic brand guideline. NASA just released the entirety of the NASA Graphics Standard Manual online – downloadable in a PDF on their website.
Frederick Swanston is looking for a Web Developer to join our Digital Department. You will work with our account and design teams to handle the digital development needs. We’re looking for someone with a minimum of four years experience, and preferably experience working in an advertising or other agency.
OUR WEB & DIGITAL DEVELOPER WILL:
- Develop exceptional websites and applications for clients that align with brand guidelines, project objectives and best practices.
- Collaborate with account teams to ensure high standards for quality and service, client satisfaction, and communicate with clients when necessary.
- Provide expertise in digital development to Frederick Swanston and clients.
- Ensure that all Web and digital development work is delivered on time and on budget.
- Handle digital production needs and establish and manage list of preferred vendors.
- Assist with agency marketing initiatives, blog and social media content and Frederick Swanston digital asset development.
- WordPress, Drupal, DotNetNuke development, including PHP, .NET, MySQL, Ruby on Rails. Experience with custom theme development and custom application development.
- Database architecture, as a foundation for robust & efficient custom applications.
- Conscientious code commenting.
- Git knowledge and an understanding of non-linear workflow and version control.
- Significant experience working with designers/front-end developers to build engaging user experiences.
- Experience administering Linux & Windows servers.
- Experience in project management, including personal time management, working directly with account and design teams, and meeting project deadlines and budgets.
- Ability to connect development work to clients’ business needs and objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year degree in computer science, web/software development, or related discipline.
- Minimum of four years experience in the web and digital development field, including track record for successful and timely project management.
- References required.
- Advertising or other agency experience preferred.
- Initiative, a sense of humor, risk-taking and flexibility are highly valued around here. What else can you offer?
- Ability to thrive in a creative, open, fast-paced agency.
Interested? Email your resume and code samples to Caudill Miller at caudill at frederickswanston dot com or apply on our Careers page.